Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Damn Drunks !!!!!

3:45 Am this morning-just getting to sleep when the dog flys off the bed doing her prowler barking and throat growling!
Its sleeting- you can hear it hitting the side of the house and I guess the drunks made it this far down the street!
We live on the main drag about 2-3 blocks from a couple of bars - so the drunks (including the one that lives upstairs) found their way down the street this far!  There is a 12 ft space that is almost enclosed they way they built the house next door- it is actually fastened to this house upstairs so it is almost entirely enclosed and I found out that there are several drunks that make it that far in the bad weather and flop there!  That is till I call the cops! Cant say that they werent there last night!  Foot prints in the snow again!!!!!
So no sleep again! I have lost count on how many nights it is this time around.
We lay down but never go to sleep!

One good thing about the no sleep last night - I ran across a free program and got into the the admin account(password was changed- not by me but by the asst. dist attorney's office when they had it- and I have not been able to do any updates - that meant TWO years of no updates!
So after I found that program it took almost 12 hrs for all the updates to catch up and now there is only one more small problem to fix- and then this dinosauer of a computer should run pretty good.  A little slow at times - but as long as I can get polyvore to run- I will be happy.
And now K can play her games - couldnt do it before because it needed a flash update and I couldnt do that till last night.  So she is happy about getting her games back.
Now if only she would get her "Kiss-miss"  wish - she would be in 7th heaven if she got that!

Parts have all been taking their turn coming and going.
Could have used one with alot of muscle the other day!  Needed to move a roll top desk - just push it 45 degrees - but with a broken foot even in that walking cast - it took me 3 hrs to do what would have taken 2 people ten mins to do!  And then I was shot for the next 2 days!
See the doc Friday for both the foot and the heart.  Might have to go to a reg cast and crutches the doc said - foot not healing - I cant do crutches - have no strength in the arms because of the MS - so I dont know what I am going to do. If this walking cast stays - this foot might not be healed till summer!!!!  Bummer!!!!
Great big bummer!!!!

K sorted out some "warmest clothes"  for her babies - that is a 2-3 hr ordeal when she changes clothes on her babies.  She is trying to decide if they should go in their "Kiss-miss" clothes now or wait closer to Christmas.
Either way - thats a two day ordeal - changing them twice so close together.  She saw a new baby she would like- but it will have to wait. Wasnt even an expensive one - but food comes first right now.
Next thing we have to buy is a good portable heater.
This place is like living in a barn!  So cold and drafty.  Even the tortioses have stayed in their hide where it is warm.  They venture out once in a 24 hr period to eat and go right back in to get warm again!  If their body temp isnt a certain temperture - they cant digest their food.  I guess thats why some hibernate - these dont.  They are the only tortioses/turtles that do not hibernate.  I really should work on their blog site now that I got this running - couldnt put pics on it because it needed a java update to do it!
Guess there isnt any excuse now!

That is if all parts cooperate.  Some dont mind time spend on here - some watch and see what is going on - others dont like on here.  K would live on here if she could.
Poppy was out for a little bit-did a pic on polyvore yesterday. At least Charlie isnt around right now. He is the "I want to die" part.
Not sure what Poppy's job is.  I think she is between 12 and 14 yrs old.  Somewhere in there....
Well need to go look to see where those footprints all went - it is light outside now.
I just wish the drunks, tramps and preps would all find some place "nicer" to go  to - like in not here at all !!!!!!!!!!

No comments: